Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Homemade Wipes & Baby Powder!!

Here is the recipe that I use for my homemade wipes! I bought a pack of adult size washcloths (18 pack) for just $4 and put them in an old tupperware container!

4 cups of water (boiled and then cooled)
5 drops of Tea Tree Oil
4 cap-fulls of Witch Hazel
3/4 tsp Olive Oil

I layer all the washcloths into the container one by one and then pour the solution over them. If you pick up a wipe and it's dripping with solution, then i lift them out of the container and add more washcloths to the bottom!

Here's is an easier recipe I know of that probably wont require you to buy anything!

4 cups of water (boiled and then cooled)
A few drops of baby wash
A few drops of baby oil

I prefer the recipe with Tea Tree Oil because it is a natural disinfectant!
For more information about the benefits of Tea Tree Oil visit this site: http://www.homeremediesweb.com/tea_tree_oil_health_benefits.php


Okay! Now for the baby powder recipe!! This is SOOOO easy! And it'll definately save you money!

All you need is:

16 oz box of cornstarch ($1.05 at Giant Eagle!!)
1/2 tspn lavender oil (about $10 for 1/2 an ounce- remains should last you WELL over a year)

Pour the cornstarch in a self sealing bag or tupperware container (I prefer the tupperware) and add the essential oil drop by drop. Tightly close the container & shake it to distribute the oil. If clumps appear, break with fork as best as possible! Let sit for 4 days to distribute the essential oil throughout the cornstarch.
Once it's done, I fill a glass salt shaker and store the rest.

The powder will last a very long time and ends up being much cheaper than buying a $4 bottle every month from the store!

We've had great success with these and I hope you do too! If you have any questions let me know :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment